Went to my second support meeting today - a very small group of 5 - we are going to set up a schedule of once a month and hopefully more people will attend.
I brought some clothing to give away and I am pleased to say that all was taken and everyone was happy to get some each. Only one of the ladies didn't take anything and that's because she is at her goal weight and slim and trim as can be. She had her procedure done in 2006 and at that time she was 285 pounds - she looks fantastic !
The meeting flew by - I learned a couple of new things from these ladies - next time, I must take a notebook with me to jot down key points. I want to be successful at this!
My daughter and granddaughter came and picked me up - we went to a "gourmet" deli that is our favourite place to go to for lunch and I had Pureed 3 bean soup (she did it especially for me) - Barbara had a veggie mushroom sandwich and Faith had a grilled cheese - "gourmet style" - my mouth was watering just looking at those two sandwiches !
We then went to the mall and I bought 2 small forks and 2 small spoons to use when I can start eating solid foods again (December 8th - can't wait ).
I have done very well with drinking plain water today - so far up to 56 ozs and am starting on my next 20 oz.
Oh, also bought some very nice Christmas place mats (6 red and 6 green) and also napkins and napkin holders to match. The table will look nice this year - I will have to take a picture and post it here !
I go on Monday to officially weigh in - I am hoping for a good loss!

It sounds like you had a terrific day! I haven't gone to a meeting yet, but I am anxious to go!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pictures!!
That is so cute getting little forks and spoons. Never thought of that. I did have some nice small plates which are to be used only by me! Glad all is going well. You'll be on real food soon. But the black bean soup, pureed or not is the best. Sometimes I don't add as much broth and it is more like a chili.
ReplyDeleteYou have done sooooo well--and are off to a great start--
ReplyDeleteInspiring!!
I LOVE my multi-coloured plastic tipped baby spoons. I use them and my little bowls and plates all the time!
ReplyDeleteSorry I couldn't make it to the meeting on Saturday. Do you know if they're going to try to have one in December?
Sounds like you're coping on your extended liquids only - even though it's hard.... you'll be so far ahead in the weight loss when you move on to solids and then you won't have as long to fight hunger when you're on solids before you get your fill... and that's when the post-band fun REALLY begins!!!!