Thursday, November 11, 2010

Detoxing

I spoke to Dr. Pattie (my nutritionist) and explained how I was feeling and what was happening and she thinks that I was having a hard detoxing experience.  

Also, I have been drinking too much water and therefore was washing the electrolytes out of my system so she told me to reduce the amount of water I was drinking and to eat 4 oz of probiotic yogurt (plain) as a snack.

Also she thinks I was probably feeling anxious about the procedure - even though I am totally committed to doing this and happy to be doing it - and that does make sense - she said I should always try to analyze  why I am feeling the way I am feeling and not to ignore it....of course.... I always have been the type to bury my feelings and not think about them so it is something I have to start doing !

I had to go grocery shopping after work and while I was gone she called to find out how I was doing - wasn't that great of her to call - not many doctors do that - showed me that she cared about me - nice feeling :)

Also, as you can see from my tracker.... my BMI shows that I am no longer "Morbidly Obese"  just "regular Obese"  !

4 comments:

  1. I never have a problem getting too much water! Sometimes I wish that I did. You will have a good experience with your surgery. You will however need to keep in mind that being a "lower BMI" bandster you will not have the huge loss numbers. Take your measurements now if you haven't already. It really helps to see your body shrinking when the scale always isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your nutritionist about analyzing your feelings and body aches--you are your best friend and confidant.
    Very cool that your doctor called---A great and caring doctor really makes for a better over all experience ---I have never had that with my WLS.

    Congratulations on reaching "regular Obesity"--yuk--gross words ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I was also excited when I left "Morbid Obesity". It feels like real progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had that kind of problem. Mine are usually due to a lack of enough water :P

    Sounds like you have a great doctor and congrats on the BMI!!

    ReplyDelete