Today is my last day for soft/pureed foods - tomorrow starts full Liquids - I have learned how to make smoothies which certainly helps to mask the taste of the raw protein.
Also this morning I went out to pay for my surgery - everyone wanted payment in full -so my pockets are empty now - darn insurance company... couldn't get them to pay a dime ! Oh well, this is an investment in my self and my health -
I made some lentil soup last night - the recipe was on the tin - and I just added a few more things, like veggies and spices - it turned out really, really good - (oh yes, I blended it until it was completely smooth). I will probably have the rest of it tonight.
8 more days !!!!!

Hey you---I paid for the whole thing myself also--$13,000. It was very expensive --but our insurance has a WLS exclusion.
ReplyDeleteIt has been the best thing I have ever done for myself!!! It has helped to give me back myself----which is so important at this time of our lives---I always thought I was the oldest banded person---now you will be ;-) Or as Roller Coaster Sandy has said --older people aren't very computer oriented --so we don't know if there aren't older people!
I'm with you all the way sista!!!
How exciting! It will be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteAre you staying in the hospital or are you an out patient?
ReplyDeleteGood thing to learn about making smoothies; the regular protein drink every day does get a little monotonous.
ReplyDeleteI hope some day that insurance companies realize that WLS is LIFE-SAVING and will ultimately save them money in the long run, as they won't have to pay for nearly as many doctor visits and hospital stays. I'm glad you were able to get the surgery despite being self-pay.
The cost will be well worth it! Thankfully, my insurance paid for everything. I think they saved my life! Good luck to you and I will be following your blog to see how you are doing.
ReplyDelete