Monday, November 22, 2010

Bandages Off !!!

Went to see Dr. D this morning to get my bandages off  and to check my weight, etc.,.
He is such a lovely man - we gave each other a big hug and I thanked him for changing my life.
He was pleased with my progress and we set a date for my first fill - December 16th.

I am on a 21 day liquid diet - only clear liquids for the first 3 days and I started to add liquid yogurt to the menu on day 4 - today is day 6 and I added liquid protein - I need to take in 30 g of protein a day and tomorrow I get to add creamy soups to the menu and that will go on until day 22 when I can start eating solids.

I weighed this morning and the scale said 211.5 - that's about 9 pounds since November 15th - I am thrilled !  Of course I don't know what my scale would say since my daughter has that hidden for me but I may get it back on Sunday or not - I go every Sunday to my weight loss club and weigh in there so I guess that's enough weighing!

I have a support meeting to go to on Saturday and I am looking forward to that !

Now I need to catch up on the blogs as I have lost touch these last few days but I am back and feeling great !

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing well. That sucks that you are on liquids for so long. I had liquids for one week, pureed foods for one week and then mushie/soft foods. I will admit that a lot of things got watered down that first week as I was missing food. Glad you are seeing some loss. The scale can be cruel so maybe your daughter should hide it for good (just kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well - I am on day 8 of liquids and it is going ok - I am frustrated with the choices but it will all be worth it in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo glad you are feeling well!! It only gets better from here ;-)

    I too am surprised that you are on liquids for so long. That will be tough! How about some cream of potato soup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh I'm happy to read you're doing so well! Great job!! Send your daughter to my place - I can use my scale being hid too!!

    Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - you're doing wonderful!!!!!

    Dr D is great, isn't he :)

    I better get a move on or you'll be passing along clothes to me soon.

    ReplyDelete