Gave my apartment a clean today to welcome in the New Year.
We will not be going out for New Years Eve (actually we never do) - just a small family gathering, husband, me, daughter and grand daughter and grand son - I plan on having steak, baked potatoes, and some form of veggie. I found this great marinating recipe on line called "Best Steak Marinate Ever" so I thought I would try it and marinate them for 8 hours in the fridge. I don't know if I'll be able to eat the steak but maybe if it is tender enough, Nakita will be ok with it. Worse comes to worse, I can always melt some cheese on the potato and eat that !
Also bought some Blue Bunny Ice cream called "Banana Split" and my daughter made some peanut butter shortbread cookies to go with the ice cream (looking forward to that)!
I am excited about 2011 and all it entails!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE - See you next year !

Sounds like a great night(we never go out either). Happy New Year!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of fun. We also stay in as well - hanging out with the family is a great way to bring in the New Year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an absolutely wonderful New Years Eve celebration! Have FUN my Friend!
ReplyDeleteWe are just having family here in the mountains.. So muvh FUN! Enjoy!
Have a wonderful time!
ReplyDelete