Thank you for the comments regarding the protein intake!
I got an answer from Sam (patient advocate) - she said on a 1,200 calorie intake you should eat 60 to 80 grams of protein a day and gave me three suggestions of how to make sure I get the right amount.
1. Unflavored protein powder can be mixed in already heated spaghetti sauces and creamy soups.
2. flavored protein powder (your preference) can be added to items like sugar free jello pudding, instant oatmeal and your favorite yogurt. this will boost the protein in a snack.
3. When eating is difficult because your band is tight - you can stock up on any brand of "protein shots" - they have 20-25 gms of protein per serving, taste good and you can drink it down pretty quickly. You can buy these at any GNC type store.
I hope this will help any of you reading my blog in case you are in the dark about your protein intake each day.
I purchased 2 lbs of unflavored protein today but I could not find the "Protein shots" but I only looked in one place so I will keep looking.
I had a scrumptious lunch today - it was a vegetarian meal - made from artichokes and cheese - yum !
on a bed of greens.
I am easing into solids since I seem to get full so quickly (even without the band having a fill in it) - I'm down to about 1/3 of what I would normally have eaten - I guess its because I was on liquids for so long that I just don't have that urge to stuff myself !
Started my Christmas Shopping on Saturday - I am hoping to have it all done at least one week before Christmas - so that gives me 9 more days !
Talk to you later !

Thank you for the protein update! I really need to be getting more protein into my diet - I think your tips and suggestions will help!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, I need to get my shopping done too!
Great information, thanks!! I like that Christmas shopping goal, I just may steal it from you.
ReplyDelete