Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First Day of December - time is flying

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by !

First - answering "Justawallflower" 's question regarding the vitamins, etc., - Dr D's office ordered them from

BariatricChoice.com

in case you want to go there and look - they have a lot of food items also for bariatric diets - and they look really, really good !

Secondly, I have been reading alot lately about being overfilled - its kind of scary -  can anyone tell me exactly just what it feels like - I know I don't even have my first fill yet .... but I kind of would like to have this information in case it ever happens to me.

Also doing really well these last few days - with the hunger - thank heavens - in control now and going strong :)

I guest I must have been moving too much or exercising too much or doing something because the largest cut ... just above and to the side of the bellybutton - started to bleed yesterday... not much..... but I decided to call Dr. D's office and his nurse told me that that sometimes happens ... so just to keep it dry and put a bandage on it with good pressure... so I went over the the drugstore and bought some large bandages and now I am covered up - she said to call tomorrow to let them know how it is.

5 comments:

  1. I was overfilled after my second fill. I was tight for the first couple of weeks. I PB'd pretty much every night at dinner, but I was coping with it. All of the sudden I woke up on a Friday morning and I couldn't get my coffee down. For the rest of the day, I had tons of gurgling and I didn't even try to eat. At dinner I tried to have a Orange Juilius Smoothie and it wouldn't go down. The next day was pretty much the same. I tried to have some scrambled eggs and PB'd them. At some point I started having horrible pain in my neck that wasn't relieved by rest. Sunday I felt like I couldn't swallow my own spit without PBing or feeling like crap. Monday I was at my doctor's office first thing to have .4cc's removed. I've been at my sweet spot since.

    I think most people can tell when they need to have some out. It is so miserable that you just can't live like that.

    Glad things are going okay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your first fill goes well. Being overfilled is no fun. I get teeny tiny fills of 0.1 cc each time now. I think it depends on the person just how much fluid they need in the band. I think I'm just over 4 cc in a 10 cc band. Being overfilled is no fun so listen to your clinic and don't try to rush it. I did and ended up with an unfill. Couldn't swallow my spit, pain, vomiting. Heartburn. But not being able to drink anything is the worst.

    Don't worry. I doesn't happen to everyone. It does take a bit of fine tuning sometimes so be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not banded - yet - still jumping through hoops so I'm afriad can't help you... But just want to say "Be Careful!!!" Don't want you to be bleeding or overdoing it, Lady! :)

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are managing the hunger...it's a beast!

    ReplyDelete