I made this for lunch today - it was really good - got it from www.lapband.com. I invited my daughter to have lunch with me and she thought the burger was moist and tasty. I put mine on a bed of lettuce and toasted two pieces of whole grain bread for my daughter - oh also I melted a 1/2 of low fat cheese on the top of the burger and then added the onions and mushrooms - YUM!
Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup chunky applesauce
1 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Directions
In a med. bowl, gently mix all ingredients together, Form into 3 patties
spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat on medium
Cook burgers about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through
Serve immediately in a pita (if desired) and add favorite healthy burger toppings (I used onions and mushrooms)
3 Servings - calories 180, Protein 37 gms and fat 2gm

Mmmm sounds yummy!!! I'm hosting a luncheon next week for a friend of mine - I think maybe these burgers will be on the menu!!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have thought to put in the apple sauce! What a great idea. I'll have to try this recipe and also get out to that site and check out some of the others. Keep up the great work and I hope your daughter is also enjoying the new recipes!
ReplyDeleteI like the sound of these!! can't wait to try them, Thanks :o)
ReplyDelete