Monday, December 20, 2010

Eating out

My husband and I went out to eat at one of our favourite restaurants last night and it was a great experience.

I ordered the grilled salmon, mashed potatoes and green beans - I also asked them to bring me a small bottled water (I do not trust the glass of water) and I managed to drink about 6 ozs before the meal came.

As soon as I got my meal, I divided my plate up - I portioned 2 oz of fish, about 1/4 cup of the potato and about 1/4 of the green beans - and moved the remainder over on the plate to bring home with me (I asked the waitress to bring me a take out container at the end of the meal so that I could pack the food up to bring home - but next time I am going to bring a tupperware container (Like Jessica) and pack up the food right away).

Anyway I enjoyed every bite, chewed, chewed, chewed and when I had eaten my portion, I pushed the plate away and talked with hubby while he finished up his meal,

I was satisfied and happy with how I handled my first solid meal since having my band filled on Friday.  It was a good experience and "Nakita" was happy with me and I didn't have rumblings from her :)

Almost forgot to list some of my NSV's  -

Inches gone since I started the journey on September 29th/10

Bust  :       2 inches
Waist:       2 inches      (I actually have a waist now !!!!!)
Hips:        4 1/4 inches
Stomach:  5 inches

Total:        13 1/4"  gone forever  


Slack size:      20      Now    16      YEAH!!!!!

Able to cross my legs and be comfortable !!!!!

5 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful! I love the tupperware idea, think I'll do that to! Get rid of the temptation right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you handled things really well! glad you and nakita are getting along :)
    Where did you go for dinner?

    Congrats on the smaller sizes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Eating out can be a little nerve racking, but you have it under control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, what a nice weekend - and you did sooo well, too!! GREAT NSV's!! I'm so proud of YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome NSV's! That plastic container idea is a good one. I'm going to steal it. I hate those big styrofoam things! You are knocking on 1/2 way!

    ReplyDelete