We had a wonderful time this Christmas
Went to Midnight Mass - it was packed with people - we got there are 10:10pm (Christmas carols from 10 to 10:30 and then Mass starts at 10:30 and gets over at midnight) and already there were only a few seats left - they ended up bringing in extra seating and some people still had to go thru the service standing up. Anyway, it was a lovely Mass and the time went by so quickly - after Mass, there was a Christmas feast in the Church Hall but we didn't stay for that because we all wanted to get home to bed! and besides eating that late at night tends to upset all our stomachs!
Faith (my granddaughter) called me at 8:00am on Christmas morning to come over and watch her open her presents (my grandson who is 15 was still asleep in bed) which is something that my husband and I do every Christmas - I love to watch the children opening their gifts and seeing the joy on their faces!
My table looked lovely - I decorated with reds and greens - the picture didn't come out too good but I had fun decorating .
We had my mother and father in law, my husbands Aunt and his two sisters plus us which was a total of 10 people to Christmas lunch.
We had Ham, Turkey, peas and rice, potato salad, mac and cheese, cauliflower casserole, cranberry sauce, wine, and sodas.
For dessert my daughter made this fantastic cheese cake and gourmet shortbread cookies and with that we had coffee and tea.
The food was soooo good - I took a little bit of every thing but only managed to eat half of it - took me about an hour but I enjoyed it very much.
I saved my cheese cake for supper and took a very small piece but enjoyed every mouth full.
It was a novel experience eating with "Nakita" in control - she did me proud and I was proud of myself too - we got along very well :)

Sounds like you had a "controlled" but wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an absolutely beautiful Christmas!! I'm so happy for YOU!!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the eating, too!!