I had a vegetarian lunch again today and decided to make a smoothie so that I could add my protein powder to it since the lunch only had a tiny bit of protein.
This is what I came up with
Calories gms Protein
5 oz apple with skin on (I blended this first) 64 0
1 cup frozen strawberries 50 1
4 oz plain Greek yogurt 50 7
1 Scoop unflavoured protein powder 110 21
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon fat free milk
Total 274 29
I divided this into 2 servings so each serving was calories 167 and protein 14.5 gms. Also this gives me two fruit servings in the total mixture.
You can also add sweetner to this - I didn't because I find I like the natural taste better. Also I left the skin on the apple for the fiber!
Also, I see that I have a 30th follower so I was to say Hi to Linda - can you let me have your blog address when I clicked on your name it didn't give me one.
Its wonderful to be eating solid foods again - everything tastes so good - but I find I am getting full very quickly (even without any fill in my band) and that is great .
Hope everyone is having great day!

I looked so forward to solid foods too. It's amazing how boring it gets when you don't get that great chewing action. Glad all is going well.
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy!
ReplyDelete