Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weight Loss meeting

I joined a weight loss plan last August because my weight was climbing back up to my highest weight which was 285.   It was then that I decided to try again and I had heard such  good things about this group and I knew the young lady that was running it and knew that she would care about me as an individual.  I remember the first day I weighed in .. got on the scale .... and it said 258 .... and I started to cry... such a feeling of failure.

I lost 23 pounds by the end of the first 16 weeks which equaled about 9% weight loss .... I would have liked more but it was okey and I looked forward to the next 16 weeks because I was sure that I would surpass that amount but ..... my weight started to go up and down up and down once again ..... it certainly was not from my lack of trying and her soothing words and good advise and encouragement.  To make a long story short... after a total of 13 months on the program I had regained 6 of the pounds and was only at a 17 pound loss ... again that feeling of failure.

 I had seen the ads for the lapband over the past year but I thought if I did that ... I would be the biggest failure of all time but then it all just came into focus for me ... several events happening one after the other ... made me finally decide that this is what I needed and now I feel such a sense of peace with the decision .... I can actually see a thin me at the end of this journey and I had given up hope on even thinking that this would be possible.

I have been reading up on the subject by reading about  other people's experiences both  bad and good ... and I am taking it all in ... I have a wonderful daughter who supports me completely.... a husband who is also very supportive and didn't even make a face of horror when I told him how much it was going to be.... all he said was...". if this is what you want ... then I am 100% behind you "  I know my daughter's friend will be there to help me along and also the medical term are so caring - Dr. D, Dr.S and Sam - I feel like I am in the best hands that anyone could wish for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment