Through my reading the different blogs I see that some have come out and told others that they were getting banded while others only told just those close to them, like a husband/boyfriend, daughter/son , a best friend.. someone they felt would be a support to them.
Right now my feeling is that I will keep this to myself - other than my husband and daughter (of course Jessica) and all you ladies here but no one else. My husband's family would not understand ( a lot of negative responses would come from them . they tend to be negative ... not all of them of course but....) and I won't tell my family because my mother would worry (she is a natural born worrier) and I just don't feel its necessary. Maybe later on down the line.
I put on slacks today that I have not been able to wear for many, many months and they fit wonderfully - it keeps me motivated to stick to this reduced calorie food plan (1,200). I know that is a lot of calories for all of you who have been banded , but up to 4 weeks ago, I was eating 1,800 per day soooo.....600 calories less is a lot :)
When I go to see Dr. P (Nutritionist) on Thursday it will change, I'm sure !

you have to do what's best for you. i told verrrrrrry few people before i actually had the surgery. i didn't want negative reactions from people who don't really know what the band is all about. i decided to 'come out' on the night of surgery because for me it was just easier to not have to keep such a big secret. besides, i didn't want to feel bad about telling an overweight person that i did it 'by eating right and exercising' because although that's a big part of the story, it's not the whole story. perhaps once you have gotten a good ways along in your journey you may decide 'what the hell' and let it out. but until then, your secret's safe :)
ReplyDelete