Went for my physical this morning - I wasn't allowed to eat after 10pm yesterday (I never eat after 10 !) so that was no problem and the only thing I could take in the morning was my blood pressure pills and lots of water cause they wanted me to come with a full bladder - that wasn't any problem either because within 5 minutes of getting up every morning I have already downed 20 ozs of water - the only problem was no eating,
So I left around 7:50am and drove to the clinic which is about 30 minutes away in good traffic and luckily there was only a couple of traffic tie ups and it took about 40 minutes. So that made me happy !
Went in, gave my name - to a very nice gentleman on the reception desk , sat down filled in the paper work and then about 15 minutes later he came to me to say they did not have an appointment in the computer for me... so we talked a little while, I said yes I did, that the Patient care advocate had done it for me and called me last week with the times and date. Anyway, a little while later the office Manager came to me and said that they could not fit me in as they had appointments booked back to back and I would have to come back as they would extend office hours and could put me in for 4 pm but I said no that wouldn't work - I had taken the day of work - left the other young lady all on her own and I needed to have the appointment today.
I asked if I could call my Patient Care Advocate and she could talk with them.... so I call and got Sam right away and told her what was happening and she said yes she had made the appointment with that same, very nice gentleman last week, so she spoke to him and after the conversation, he said he would see what they could do. Anyway, the long and short of it was they did fit me in and got my physical with Dr. C and I really liked him, he explained everything about the tests and agreed that he thought getting the lapband was a good idea for me.
So now, Sam, is in the process of making an appointment for me to have the physic exam done - ..... I am getting closer !!!

No comments:
Post a Comment