Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The first time I was called fat

I was just thinking about how I have been dieting all my life and I was remembering the first time someone called me fat.

I was in grade 2 and these two girls who didn't like me for some reason ( I was a little mouse and never did or said anything to them) and they called me "fat slob" - which really hurt me .... well I guess it must have because here I am over 50 years later and I can still remember the incident like it was yesterday.  I also remember that same year .... when we use to play "Red Rover, Red Rover let so and so come over" - if they ever called my name which was seldom, they would immediately drop hands ... even before I could break thru.... children are really cruel .... some are just born mean!

Looking back at pictures of myself at that age, I can see that I was a little plump and then about a year and a half after that I got my "period"  - as I got older I read somewhere that you usually put on weight 1 to 2 years before your first period  ... they have a name for it, but I can't remember right now what it is called.

And so I got on the diet "Merry-Go-Round" and never got off but now I am going to get a second chance to finally get rid of the weight and keep it off with the help of my band and that little hurt girl inside me will finally smile.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing some of the things we remember from our youth.

    Here's to finally getting off the "Merry-Go-Round"

    ReplyDelete