I see that I haven't posted anything since May 14th - wow - time goes by so fast.
I have been reading other posts except for the last few days as I have been trying to catch up on office work and house work which I was bogged down in. Also with going to training sessions three times a week and picking up the grand children 4 times a week - the time just seems to fly.
I have a NSV !!! I jogged 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill with a heart rate of 179 (that's the same heart rate of a 40 something year old !!!!). I have never jogged ever before - and here I am at 62 doing just that! Dr Patti said last week - do you think your legs are stronger now - and I said "Sure" so then she said okey so today you are going to jog 1/4 of a mile - My eyes almost popped out of my head - I said "me" jog - I don't think that will happen. Anyway the long and short of it is I am now up to 3/4's of a mile - almost made it to 1 mile! See, you're never too old :)
I am about to make a 6 week trip to my home in Halifax, Nova Scotia - I am very excited about that - I am looking forward to lots of walking - its hilly in downtown Halifax so makes for wonderful exercise - I love to walk and I am looking forward to the cooler weather up there !
I will join the public library so that I can get on their computers so that I will not loose touch with what is happening with you all !
Have a great week end everyone !

No comments:
Post a Comment