Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Compliments

People are starting to notice my weight loss over these last few days - its nice to hear the compliments !

I met someone new who will be having her lapband surgery next week - she remembered me from last August 2009 when she and I were in the same weight loss program (that's about 60 pounds ago) so she and her husband were telling me how fantastic I looked.  She was surprised that I had gotten the lapband and wanted to know when I had it done and how was I feeling about the whole thing.  First I told her that it was the best decision that I had ever made - that for me is was my last option because I had tried every diet out there and never could keep it off and could never quite get to goal (always within 10 to 15 pounds).  I told her that she had to commit to it 100% because there was no going back - I told her I had more energy and I felt healthy and happy.  I am hoping to see her at our next support meeting.

Well.... that's all for now :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice. That means you could be such an inspiration to her! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are motivating her to do something about her health - as you motivate ME!!

    Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to hear compliments. It's nice to be able to tell someone honestly about the band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't compliments amazing? I'm starting to get the hang of saying thank you for them and not questioning motives. :)

    ReplyDelete