Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vacation over :(

These last 6 weeks have gone by so fast -

I am back home now and trying to get use to the heat again - and boy do I mean Hot !!!!

I tried to soak up all the wonderful cool weather while I was in Nova Scotia - temperatures from low 50's to high 80's - the only thing is that when it was in the 80's it was a dry heat and unlike here it was bearable !  It always cooled down in the evenings though - it only rained about three times while I was there.

I walked 3 to 4 hours most every day - all my family thought I was crazy - cause even when it rained - I just put on a rain coat and put up my umbrella and off I went.

I use to walk down to the Dartmouth Ferry and went over to Halifax that way or walked over the Dartmouth bridge to Halifax - I mostly liked to go on the ferry though because once off the ferry there was lots of hilly streets to climb - I loved every moment of my walking.

Only had one bad situation with my band and a couple of little ones but on the whole I did very well -

I went for my official weigh in on Tuesday and I lost about 13 1/2 pounds while I was there so that was great - works out to about 2 pounds a week loss.

I am now wearing size 10 slacks and medium tops :)

While there I bought a few things - mostly from thrift shops - like "Frenchy's and "Salvation Army" - all had original price tags on them for a fraction of their price - If I lived full time in Canada or the United States, I would never buy anywhere else but in the "thrift" shops !

I hope everyone is doing well and I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of blogging !

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great vacation :) Glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is dedication for sure. Congrats on all the walking and the weight loss while on vacation!

    ReplyDelete